Under New Jersey and federal law, retired law enforcement officers have the right to carry handguns within the State of New Jersey. The retired law enforcement officer must qualify for their permit twice per calendar year, minimum three months apart, as per the New Jersey Attorney General's guidelines. For more information on the program, visit https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/rpo.shtml
Griffin & Howe is proud to be a new location in Sussex County to offer the RPO Range Qualification, allowing retired law enforcement officers the opportunity to fulfil the requirements of those permits.
The session will run from 10am - 12pm.
• Photo ID from the agency you retired from
• State Bureau of Identification (SBI) number
• Handgun you wish you qualify with
• 100 rounds of ammunition
• Magazines or speed loaders (no high-capacity magazines; cannot hold more than 15 rounds)
• Eye and ear protection
• Magazine holster optional (strong side directional holsters and appendix holsters only - small of back, crossdraw, shoulder and ankle holsters are not to be used)
• Baseball cap
$50 per participant*. A letter of qualification will be provided upon completion, with details of the make, model, serial number and caliber of the handgun you qualified with. This can be submitted to your police department with your application.
Dress code: no blue jeans or t-shirts please.
*A private RPO Range Qualification can be booked outside of advertised class dates at a fee of $85 per person – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a private session.